Maroon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Revive Maroon in this free-lanced fantasy Role Play

HomePortalInfoLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Wilds' Bane goes North

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:18 am

"I'm not exactly sure what you want to know. When we get where we're going we'll take over the town (either by force or diplomacy). We'll then arrange for a fortress to be built. That fortress will become our guild hall. From it we will control the entire northeast."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 am

Would that be a good idea though? Then we would have to concern ourselves with the entire northeast's problems and therefore have to fix problems all the time instead of doing our work. I don't care either way but might it be safer to start off just living in the town and eventually being in charge without actually being in charge. That would make our responsibilities to the town/city/village smaller and more time to do our work without having as big of a target for enemies to attack. We could manipulate the government and rule without painting our face on the map. The decision is entirely yours but I thought that it might be a good idea to throw that out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:35 am

"Hey, sounds good to me. I hadn't really thought this through...I was kinda planning on winging it!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:39 am

Hmm... So you mean controlling the city through black-mail and intimidation? Sounds good to me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:45 am

so we find a town/city move in, build a guild hall and become part of the city. we work our way up to being an important part of the city abiding by it's laws and such and helping it so that the city is in our debt. Then we work out something that we can use to blackmail the leader of the city with or threaten him so that we can do whatever we want and he checks with us before doing anything. This keeps us discreet but in control. Granted that we slowly work our way there. Not the best plan if you want control in one day but it might make the citizens respect us as nobles or something even though we control the city. It also means less attempts on our lives by rebellious peasants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:51 am

Sounds like a plan. We can quest as we work our way up in the citizens eyes. It all depends on how the city runs, we can gather dirt on not only the leader, but other influential citizens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:34 am

So once we truly have control of the city we will be heroes to the peasants and all the nobles wont be able to say anything bad about us. This would also make us seem like good people to anyone we might meet keeping our reputations good and bounties off our heads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:06 pm

And of course, if there are any nobles who... lets say, 'disagree' with our plan, the can 'disapear'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:09 am

naturally, you want to add anything Aleran?

NINJAGEEK looked at Aleran who had been silent for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Aleran opens his mouth to speak, but before he can get a word out-
*Thunk*
A crossbow bolt comes flying out of a nearby bush and sticks itself through Aleran's right thigh. A second bolt quickly follows from the other side of the road, this one hitting Aleran in the right chest.

He falls to the ground...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:04 pm

NINJAGEEK jumps up from the cart almost as fast as the bolts hit Aleran creating a quick shadow wall in front of Aleran to protect him from any further bolts.

Kehvyn, can you help Aleran with your powers? You check on him and help him if need be and I will try to find our attackers.

NINJAGEEK climbed back into the cart and made a shadow coffin around his body and stepped into his shadow. He then quickly dove out of the cart and into the woods, shadowy limbs grabbing at every hiding place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Kehvyn leaped down from his horse and cocked his pistol. Looking quickly around, Kehvyn decided on a tree. Quickly dragging Aleran towards it, Kehvyn un-gloved his hands. After he yanked out the two bolts, Kehvyn placed one hand firmly on the trunk of the tree and the other on the back of Aleran's neck. He quickly transferred the energy from the tree to his friend and healed the wounds, adding some extra strength for the coming fight.

There, is that better?

Code:
OCC:
Is that bad RPing, moving your character around like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:26 pm

OOC : that should be ok considering you were dragging him back to heal his injuries

NINJAGEEK or more specifically his shadow crept though the trees trying to find the rouges that attacked them. He hears rustling to his left so he strikes out at the bush next to him with shadows and blood splatters. He looks in to see the remains of a would-be thief and his crossbow. Continuing on he sneaks across the road to roughly where the second one came from. He comes up behind the second one who was still trying to reload his heavy crossbow. A thought pops through his mind, "heavy crossbow on a highway thief?" NINJAGEEK doesn't kill this one but grabs his shadow immobilizing him and drags him back to the cart and horses.

I hope that is all of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:00 pm

The "highway thief" grins in Ninja's grasp. He then suddenly ceases to exist. Where the man used to be, there was now nothing. Only the crossbow remained. And where the body of the other one had been, there was nothing. Only the crossbow.

And Aleran didn't feel better. He felt much, much worse. Because now he had the energy to be awake. He was awake for the pain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:56 am

OCC: But... I healed you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:44 am

OOC: No, you didn't. Magical wounds run deep, my friend. If I was healed, would I be in pain?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:11 pm

NINJAGEEK returned to the cart and reentered his body. He climbed back out and over to where the man that he dragged from the bushes had been and then to Aleran.

Did you already give someone reason to kill you or are we facing top notch highway thieves with a spell caster in their service.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Aleran succumbs to the pain. He dies.

Dun dun DUNNNN!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:45 pm

Aleran? Aleran, are you ok?

NINJAGEEK examines Aleran for a moment and then stands up and looks at Kehvyn.

It appears that he is dead, and I would like to know why and who did it.

Last edited by NINJAGEEK on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Kehvyn stands for a moment, stunned.

I have no idea what that crossbow bolt was. I have never some across something that I couldn't heal, at least to the point where the subject didn't die.

I agree, we need to find who, or what, we are dealing with. Can you doing anything with your shadows to make some sort of a force field?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:21 am

I can make the shadow walls like what you have seen but nothing more that I have discovered. Also my solidified shadow vanishes if hit by sunlight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Hmm... That doesn't seem like it would be of all that much use at the moment. If there was any other thugs in the area we probably wouldn't be talking like this right now, so we should be safe for the moment. I suppose all that is left now is to go through his belongings...

Lets see... Two-hand longsword... two daggers, a quarterstaff... an Elven bow and arrows... A chaose lance, Pump action shotgun, a pistol accompanied by a silencer and a combine machine gun.... And a Book of Chaos.

Of course there is also the subject of the guild, and what to do with it.

Why don't we continue riding and discuss the matter, after we release Aleran's horse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:58 pm

Suddenly, Kehvyn has a vision. Like out of a dream, Aleran appears to him.

If you loot my body and free my horse, so help me Jah I will haunt you!

You'd better try and revive me, else my ghost will screw with you forever.

At least try and communicate with me from beyond the grave for Jah's sake!

OOC: I have found religion in the afterlife. I now worship "Jah".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:00 am

Kehvyn stumbled back after the revelation.

I, I... I spoke with Aleran. He wants us to revive him.

Since neither of us is a seer or necromancer, we should continue along the road to find a city that has someone who can assist us. Or should we use the watch to go back to Marotropolis before the corpse starts decaying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Well, if we put him in the cart I can put shadows around him without them being hit by sunlight. I don't know if it should be enough to prevent decaying but it might help. My opinion is that we continue, the police might not welcome us very warmly in Marotropolis right now.

NINJAGEEK picks up Aleran's body and puts it in the cart, covering it with shadows.

How do we go about getting his warhorse to listen to us though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wilds' Bane goes North   The Wilds' Bane goes North - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wilds' Bane goes North
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maroon :: Trash :: Maroon Trash-
Jump to: