Maroon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Revive Maroon in this free-lanced fantasy Role Play

HomePortalInfoLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Emerald Dragon Tavern

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:25 pm

NINJAGEEK having nothing better to do walks into the tavern, which happened to not be destroyed in the invasion. He walks up to the bar orders a drink and slowly makes his way to a table in a shadowed corner where he sat down. Glancing around he sees the strange half elf Aleran in one corner. He ignores the fact that he is there and just sits staring at a wall for a while. A serving girl comes and gives him his drink which he starts drinking while staring into space.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Founder
Founder
Ray

Number of posts : 839
RP Exp : 344
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Character Stats
RP Level:
Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue14/50Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/50)
Exp: 12170/13000
Gold: 9550

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:51 pm

After finishing his Tavern Brawler quest, he noticed the Emeral Dragon Tavern. Remember going to it after the battle with Hiziki, he decided to pay it another visit.

Walking in he noticed NINJAGEEK and Aleran sitting by themselves at two different tables. He asked for a drink and then walked over to Aleran. He put on the table his 4 bottles of Ale.

"Hey Aleran....I was wondering if you'd like a 4-pack of ale? I got it from another tavern nearby....I don't drink this kinda liquor....." Pushing the ale to Aleran's side, Ray sat down.

"You don't mind do ya?"
Back to top Go down
https://worldofmaroon.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:26 pm

He cannot help but think of the man as a friend after what they'd been through. First the incident with the thugs his first day in Maroon, then Hiziki, and now head crabs.
"Not at all; in fact I was waiting for you! Well, waiting for someone. And how can I turn away a man who brings drinks?" He smiles warmly.

Gesturing to Ninjageek, he says to Ray,
"Poor bloke, no emotions and taken over by evil. What a fate..."
Back to top Go down
Ray
Founder
Founder
Ray

Character Stats
RP Level:
Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue14/50Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/50)

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 3:09 pm

"Yea...It'd stink not to be able to have any feelings at all..." Sipping some of his drink, he decided to get to the point. "Aleran, I have something to ask of you. During the Headcrab Incident i remember talking to some of your soldiers. I think they said they were from Yyru...if i believe.... Well anyways, I asked them where that was and they couldn't remember! Even though that was their hometown!" Taking out a piece of paper I gave it to Aleran to look at.

"I asked around a bit, and apparantly it's because of a curse. Supposedly it's destroyed all maps and knowledge of the continent we're on. But, even better....the curse is lifted...tommorow! People can start remembering their trade routes again, and create new maps!

Which brings about my question: Would you mind if i accompany you on your journey back to Yyru?"

((OOC: Teh_uber: My plan is this: We RP about going to Yyru, and you create your description of how to get there, and what the town is like. Since You are the Mayor/ruler of Yyru, i thought this might be a good idea to make it stay that way. You can always Rename Yyru if you want too. ((1more thing: It's up to you =))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 6:13 pm

NINJAGEEK notices Ray walk in and sit with Aleran but ignores it. Part of him was trying to say that something had been missing since during the head crab invasion. Shadows now answered his call but he didn't really feel anything but pain and pleasure, no joy or sadness. He did however still get angry when things went really wrong. Something made him think and do stuff but he felt that he had lost a lot after losing his original self to a head crab. The worst part wasn't really the feeling of emptiness but the strange looks people gave him now. People thought he didn't notice but shadows saw all and heard all. He thought for a moment about the entire thing and how everyone felt about it. Maybe they would like a break from him, so he decided to go exploring for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:06 pm

Aleran watches the Ninja leave, frowning.

Turning back to Ray, he responds,
"A curse...that's disturbing. I don't remember anything outside of the city gates...I left out of the south gate I think, and came back through it took. I remember there were people in the citadel that I sent there from somewhere...looks like the curse has effected me too."

"But, yeah, exploring together. Sound great. But first I have a question...we've got these watch thingies. Apparently we can duel using them and neither of us will die. Wanna try it?"
Back to top Go down
Ray
Founder
Founder
Ray

Character Stats
RP Level:

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:18 pm

"Sure, i could use a little sparring practice!"

((I'll set up the topic))
Back to top Go down
Ray
Founder
Founder
Ray

Character Stats
RP Level:

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:56 pm

Arriving back where they were after the battle, Ray notices Aleran was gone? ((OOC: this is during the time when Alearn goes back to do his "Finding Deorio" quest.)) Ray checks his watch and notices a battle is pending. So he decides to go back to the arena to see the opponent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:32 pm

Aleran re-enters the tavern and sits at his normal table. Ray had said something earlier about traveling together, and Aleran is interested in taking him up on that offer.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Founder
Founder
Ray

Character Stats
RP Level:

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Teleporting back from the battle, Ray enters the Tavern again.

"All right I'm back! Now how bout we go find this 'Yyru'?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 am

"I'd rather not...that is in my past. I want to move forward onto new things and leave my history behind me. Hell, I don't even remember Yyru! So instead of looking for a certain place, lets just go out and look. We could flip a coin to decide which way to wander."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:32 am

OCC: A FOUR SIDED COIN?!?!?! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:52 pm

"Look, Ray, I'm a different person than I used to be."

He looks down at his hands.

"The crabs...they changed me...I founded a guild Ray. I have guild business now. I'm no the same guy I was back when we first met."

Aleran looks straight at Ray.
'You probably shouldn't come with me. My new road is no one you will want to follow."

OOC: I am completely altering my character. Most of the RP I have done in the past will now be disregarded by Aleran. He will just think of it like a bad dream a he forges his new path of evil.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Founder
Founder
Ray

Character Stats
RP Level:

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Ray stares at Aleran....rather astounded.....But knowing the tone in his voice, he knew Aleran was serious. Well...i guess i'll train on my own then.... Ray thought as his alternative.

"Well, okay..."Getting up Ray turns to leave. "Don't do anything stupid though" As Ray walked out the door of the Tavern....he felt rather stupid to say that to someone older than him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:30 pm

NINJAGEEK walked into the tavern yet again. He had passed Ray outside and he had seemed down and just walked past. Ray had always been one to say hi and be cheerful but he seemed very sober for one leaving a tavern. He shrugged to himself and ordered a drink before going back to his favorite corner in the shadows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:30 pm

Aleran watches from his corner seat as Ninja enters the room. His new, er, college(?), ignores him and goes to an opposite table. Aleran is in no hurry, so he leans his chair back against the wall, pulls his hat over his eyes, and prepares to wait for Ninja to come to him.

Kev was coming too...Aleran hopes he doesn't have to wait to long for him to show up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 7:07 am

Kehvyn appeared before Aleran's eyes, just as he was finishing his sentence. "Not to long at all, my friend, not to long at all. I am not sure if we have properly met before. I am Kehvyn."
Kehvyn extends his right arm to shake hands.

OCC:
Code:

I am going to New York today, and won't come back till the 28th. Don't know how much I will be able to post...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:49 am

NINJAGEEK sees this Kehvyn person walk in and walks over to Aleran, his new guild master. He turns to Kehvyn and says.

I don't believe we have met yet, I am NINJAGEEK.

Turning to Aleran.

Sorry for ignoring you when I came in, I just do not like to much light around me. We are all here so are we going to leave right away or wait and gather supplies?

He gestures to his right wrist.

I broke my wrist fighting but I can leave anytime. If we aren't leaving right away then I want to know when we are so I can go find a doctor.

He stops talking and waits for an answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Well, I don't know about when we are leaving, but I can heal that wound for you, if you like. I just killed a thug by sucking the energy out of him, so I have plenty to spare. Do you want me to mend your wrist?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:46 pm

Aleran tips his hat back to see the two men.
"Healing is good. I want to leave as soon as possible, so the quicker you are fully operational the better."

Rising out of his chair, he addresses Ninjageek. "We can leave as soon as the two of you are ready. My supplies are packed up in my room and my horse is waiting out back. I can leave now if both of you are prepared as well.'

Not waiting for an answer, he reaches into his cloak and pulls out a rolled up piece of parchment. He spreads it out on the table; pushing his drink to one side to make room. It is, of course, a map. Or, more accurately, the map; the map of Central Maroon. It is an exact copy of the one hanging in the University, with one exception.
Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Maroon11
OOC: Note that all modifications are approximate.
BIC:"If you've ever made your way to the Library, the University, or the Royal Guard Officer's Lounge (doubtful): than you will recognize this. The curse wiped all maps clean and we are only beginning to fill in the blanks. As a matter of fact, I believe it was you, Ninjageek, who found the forest marked here?" He indicates with a gloved finger as he talks.
"If you are familiar with the map, you will easily notice how this one is different. You see, I 'bought' this map from a trader who came in through the northern gate to the city. No one else in Marotropolis knows of what I have here, and no one will know until I am ready."

Pointing to the map as he speaks, Aleran continues on; not giving either man a chance to interrupt.
"The road North of Marotropolis...everyone knows it exists. But the first secret is that there is a road branching off of it they veers slightly to the east. It snakes through mountains and crosses a river, than it enters a town. 5, maybe 6 days travel. 7 tops. This town will be ours!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 4:43 am

You said your horse was ready. Should NINJAGEEK and I have a horse as well?
With the end of his sentence Kehvyn healed NINJAGEEK's hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 4:35 pm

NINJAGEEK flexes his newly healed wrist and looked at Kehvyn.

Thank you for healing me.

He looks back to Aleran.

You have fought next to me and have an idea of what I can do. If we travel at night I can keep up with your horse but when the sun is high I will be slower and my powers will be less useful. If you wish us to travel very quickly I will go buy a horse and return here.

NINJAGEEK took a drink from his mug that was still in one hand.

Other than that I can leave anytime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 6:26 pm

"We leave tonight then! Kehvyn, go get a horse or a motorcycle or something."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 9:01 pm

Kehvyn walked over to the bartender and muttered a few words with him... after a few moments, Kehvyn returned.

The barkeep says he can suit me well with a horse. He said the horse should be ready to ride come nightfall. I won't need any armour for the horse, will I?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 11:00 am

Shall I get a mount or shall I just keep up with you two on your horses?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Dragon Tavern   Emerald Dragon Tavern - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emerald Dragon Tavern
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next